Department & Location: China as part of 24-month programme (rotational placements with potential for international opportunities)
Scope of Job:
You can expect a fun, challenging and unique opportunity to work at top-rated attractions in order to deliver excellent customer experiences. The Accelerate Marketing programme consists of four placements, based in various departments within different sites, via the structure below. The reason we arrange the Marketing programme this way is to give you operational context and knowledge to better inform your marketing thinking and decisions - historically, our most successful Marketing Alumni have had operational experience and understand what our customers want.
Ø Placement 1: Location A, 6 weeks, Operational Exposure
Ø Placement 2: Location A, 10.5 months, Marketing
Ø Placement 3: Location B, 6 months, Marketing
Ø Placement 4: Location C, 6 months, Marketing
The placements are agreed between yourself and the Group Talent Advisor to ensure you are exposed to all marketing functions within Merlin. The programme is completely tailored to your personal development and offers all the marketing and operational experience you need to progress to a senior marketing position within Merlin in the future.
The marketing programme is focused on giving you the skills you will need to make a great attraction a great commercial success. If you possess the vision and drive to launch your creativity and passion into marketing campaigns for some of the most exciting brands in the world, this is the programme for you.
· Gain a breadth of experience and skills in operations, brand, PR, promotions, trade, events, strategies, sales and communications functions and which give you a great insight into key marketing roles
· Be responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day tasks within your area/attraction
· Be part of a team which delivers excellent customer service whilst maintaining efficiency
· Achieve short term objectives linked to successful completion of each placement
Each placement is unique and will allow you to delve into the different brands within Merlin from the depths of ‘SEA LIFE’ to the bright lights of ‘Madame Tussauds’. You will learn what makes each brand unique, the differences in marketing strategies, the demands and the challenges each one faces. Not only will you gain insight into these brands, you will also learn the strategic aspects behind the marketing function, allowing you to develop an awareness of how operations and marketing function together in such a fast-paced company. You could be working at group level, at an individual attraction (i.e. a Midway such as Madame Tussauds or SEA LIFE), or within a cluster of attractions.
After the programme, the options you can take in order to fast-track your career are limitless, and there are many opportunities that you can seize in order to get you closer to your dream job. Subsequently previous graduates have gone on to secure roles such as Global Marketing Executive, Trade Sales Executive, Marketing Manager and Junior Brand Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
· You are expected to have the eligibility to work in the country in which you apply for the Accelerate Programme. We are not able to facilitate or sponsor visas for the first placement.
· You must have a minimum Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject (Business Management, Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism or similar) or a subject which demonstrates high academic achievement (e.g. Law, Finance or similar).
· You must have a good level of English speaking, writing and reading skills.
· Relevent experience in our industry is an advantage, but not mandatory.
· The programme requires you to move to 3 different locations during the programme, therefore a good level of mobility and flexibility is expected.